Salesforce is an on-demand software which is hosted in cloud servers. Salesforce allows us to create & implement our own applications in a secure cloud platform. Hence we don't worry about the hardware, operating systems, databases, maintenance cost, etc.. We just need a web browser and an internet connection.
The subscription model of Salesforce provide us a software instance, where we can play our own games. Just a like the hostel rooms, we will be allotted to one room with basic furniture & interior amenities. There we can arrange our own interior and we can create extra facilities. And also if we need more space, we can add more rooms as required.
The Salesforce has a built-in CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software, which is delivered entirely over internet. This CRM has the flexibility to customize as per our business rules. Inn-addition to the CRM, Salesforce provides a platform to create our own applications. It also provides a app store to exchange our custom Salesforce applications.
What Salesforce provide us?
- A customizable CRM on cloud platform.
- Set up & create Pont & Click applications over cloud.
- A set of tools for business automation.
- A secure platform to organize and store the data.
- Customizable analytical reports & charts.
- Well defined security model.
- Customizable Email service.
- Extended functionalities by customization.
- Inbound & outbound integration with other systems.
- A Platform to develop, test and deploy applications.
- Platform to develop mobile friendly applications.
NB: This for my future reference only